Preschool education is organised in Ylivieska in daycare centres and in connection with schools.
Organising Preschool education
Preschool education is free education provided to children during the year prior to compulsory education. In Ylivieska, preschool education is organised in daycare centres and in connection with schools. If the child does not need early childhood education, the preschool education place is applied for from the school’s preschool education group. If the child needs early childhood education as well as preschool education, the preschool education place is applied for from the daycare centre. Exceptionally, Kataja and Raudaskoski schools have the possibility of early childhood education in the afternoons.
Preschool education in daycare centres during the academic year 2021-2023
Preschool education in daycare centres starts on 10/8/2022
Autumn break 24/10 – 31/10/2022 (week 43)
Christmas holiday 22/12/2021 – 8/1/2023
Winter break 6-12/3/2023 (week 10)
Preschool education in daycare centres ends on 31/5/2023
Preschool education in connection with schools
During the academic year 2022-2023, preschool education is organised at the Kataja, Kivioja, Ranta, Raudaskoski and Taanila schools. The schools to organise preschool education are decided annually by the local education and culture committee on the basis of applications. Check the schools’ preschool education operating schedules on basic education page. Preschool education is not organised on Saturday school days.
The Kataja and Raudaskoski schools also provide the option of afternoon care organised by early childhood education services.
Registering for Preschool education
Between January-February, households with preschool education-aged children will be sent instructions via Wilma for the electronic registration to preschool education.
In Wilma, you can apply for preschool education organised at schools and in daycare centres as well as any necessary early childhood education for mornings and afternoons. Granting a preschool education place is determined by the child’s need for early childhood education.
- If the child does not need early childhood education, the preschool education place is applied for from the school’s preschool education group.
- If the child needs early childhood education as well as preschool education, the preschool education place is applied for from the daycare centre.
- The Kataja and Raudaskoski schools have the possibility of early childhood education in the afternoons.
Together with the preschool education registration instructions, households will be sent an information transfer form, which parents/guardians can use to transfer information about their child, and matters that are important to the child to the future preschool teacher. Information transfer provides the preschool teacher with information that carry the child as the child transitions from early childhood education to preschool education.
- The parents/guardians of a child who is within the scope of early childhood education shall fill the information transfer form together with the worker operating in the child’s care group.
- If the child is not within the scope of early childhood education, the parents shall fill in the information transfer form at home and, if necessary, the form can be supplemented with information provided by a club instructor or nurse.
- The information provided in the information transfer about the child and their interests allows the preschool teacher to maintain and safeguard the child’s joy of learning as well as create a positive learning path for the child from the very beginning of the preschool education year.
Preschool education and early childhood education
- Early childhood education that is required in addition to preschool education shall be subject to a fee, which is determined on the basis of income.
- Preschool children are also invoiced for the start of August, before the start of preschool education, for the same number of hours that would be sufficient for the child over a full preschool education month.
- During the autumn break, Christmas holiday and winter break months, the preschool education is invoiced for the same number of hours as during full preschool education months even if child care is used more during the holiday weeks.
Email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool education in kindergartens
040 6429 867
040 6429 869
040 6429 882
Preschool education in private kindergartens
040 6429 873
Preschool education in schools
044 4294 314
044 4294 312
More to know
Finnish National Agency for Education